Monday, June 27, 2016

ANOTHER WEEK IN COSTA RICA

Week 19

Geez I know I say this in every email but the weeks are flying by... I cant believe its already Pday! And today we ate cosco pizza with the Elders so you could say its been a great day.

But anyways. This week I found out cockroaches can fly. That was pretty horrible. We were in the middle of a lesson and all the sudden the five year old daughter starts screaming and we all look up and there is this GIANT cockroach right above us on the ceiling. I was pretty chill about the whole thing UNTIL IT STARTED FLYING STRAIGHT FOR MY HEAD. Lets just say there was lots of screaming. 

Also for those of you who speak Spanish... 

I was in a lesson and I wanted to say, 

´´La Iglesia de Jesucristo tiene cinco bases´´

BUT INSTEAD I SAID....

´´La iglesia de Jesucristo tiene cinco besos´´ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

They converted right then and there πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

And another thing that just made me giggle happened yesterday in church. This huge, bald, black man wearing street clothes got up to bear his testimony... I turned to my companion and said, ´´Who is that? Ive never seen him before´´ and then she looks at me, and says ´´Michael Jordan?´´ in her Panama accent... 

hahah Im not quite sure if that was a ´´had to be there moment´´ but oh geez I could not stop laughing. Hermana Santos is so great. I just love her so much! And its pretty hilarious when she introduces herself as Hermana Santos de los santos de los ΓΊltimos dias πŸ˜‚

And right now we are teaching a man named Joaquin... He is 80 years old and in the words of the Costa Ricans... super tuanis. πŸ˜‚ This week we helped him throw out all of his alcohol and he came to church for the third time (cane and all) #Escogido

I am constantly amazed at all of the wonderful people here. And I love you all so much and miss you all like crazy.... but just so you all know I am never coming homeπŸ˜‰
Until next week!

Hermana Bass
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment