Monday, June 27, 2016

OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE ALMOST BEEN GONE FIVE MONTHS

Week 20

Ahhh this week I learned how much it actually rains here in Costa Rica... Last monday the rain was so hard that our power went out! That same day the new missionaries flew in from Guatemala and since our house is close to the mission office, one of the sister missionaries stayed with us for two days. Her first experience in the mission field was us huddled over a candle trying to plan for the next day ðŸ˜‚ We didnt get power back for a solid three days. I love the rain.😊

OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE ALMOST BEEN GONE FIVE MONTHS. weird. 

Also while I was in the MTC, my mom stalked the blog of an Elder that is serving in Costa Rica... and she kept asking me if I had seen the Elder or not since coming to Costa Rica... So here is a pic of me, the famous Elder Stott and my wonderful companion, Hermana Santos. Your welcome mom! ðŸ˜‚ Also that reminds me... I found a scripture for all you moms out there... I was reading and came to the scripture in Proverbs 23:13. Good advice for parents.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
naw im just kidding. ðŸ˜‚😉 hahaha

On a more serious note... me and my companion had an interesting experience this week. It was night-time and we were out contacting with a member named Rebeca. We prayed about where we were supposed to go and I felt like we needed to visit an investigator named Mariaella. Mariaella lives in the very back of an alleyway and because it was night-time, it was a very dark alleyway. 😂 At the very end of the alleyway there were some rickety old stairs and at the top of the stairs, two doors. One is Mariaella´s house and the other is another apartment. It was definitely the perfect scene for a scary movie. ðŸ˜‚ 

But anyway... we knocked on her door and no one answered... and as we were waiting, the other door at the top of the stairs opened. It was a young man and we awkwardly told him that we were waiting for Marianella. He shut the door and after waiting a bit more we left the alleyway. I was super confused why I felt we needed to visit Mariaella when she wasnt even home! So we prayed again and all felt like we needed to return the house and that maybe it was the young man that we needed to talk to. So we headed back for the alleyway AGAIN. This time feeling really awkward. We went up the stairs and knocked on the second door... and no one answered. we headed back out of the alleyway more confused than awkward... Why were we supposed to be in this alleyway? But as we were leaving we heard a voice say, ´´Hola!´´ So we turned around and a girl was sitting with her friend against the wall. Because of the darkness we couldnt see them at all. My companion instantly said, ´´Hola! whats your name?´´ And the girl replied, ´´I know you, Hermanas!´´ She shone a light on her face but I still didnt recognize her. After talking some more she told us she had listened to the other sister missionaries before I came to Pavas, had seen us walking in the streets, and  even had a friend who was a member. We invited her to church and have plans to visit her this week and teach her more. I have no idea what is going to happen  but I know that we were sent to her for some reason unknown to me! It taught me a very valuable lesson that most of the time we cant see the whole picture or the plan that Heavenly Father has for us... Sometimes  we may not understand why things happen.... And sometimes we have to go forward with faith. We have to trust that he knows what is best for us and he has a plan that is infinitely better than the plan we have ourselves. I love the scripture in Proverbs that says, 

 Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. ❤

I know I say this every week as well... but I love being a missionary. I love seeing people change and grow closer to Christ and I love seeing the change in myself. I know that if you put your trust in him... your WHOLE HEART... He will direct you and guide you. 

Love you all! I gotta go because we are going to play ping pong with the Elders today! You could say im pretty excited about it. ðŸ˜‰
Hermana Bass
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment