Monday, January 9, 2017

GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US

Week 34

Well family and friends... I wont lie.. this week was probably the hardest week I have ever had.... I didnt feel like I wanted to share this experience with anyone because its not something that people want to hear... But I got on today and had to hear from my family that my grandpa passed away yesterday. I am so heartbroken but i feel like Heavenly Father was with me this week and thats why i want to share this experience...

On Friday evening me and my companion were walking and stopped a woman in the street. She cried and told us how horrible her life has been and how her children dont talk to her and how she has cancer and cant stop smoking and drinking. She told us the doctors all said she was going to die soon. We bore our testimonies of Jesus Christ and told her that we could help her... And I felt the love that Jesus Christ had for her in that moment.... We made an apointment for saturday. The next day we went to find her house, which happened to be about two blocks from our apartment. When we knocked on the door she completely rejected us and completely blew us off, saying ´´hasta luego!´´ and went back inside. We were both disapointed but knew that rejection is part of missionary work. That night we got home a little later and the member next door was locked out of her house, so we waited with her so she wasnt alone. Normally we are never outside of the house past 9:00... And at about 9:30 this same woman came around the corner screaming, grabbing her chest and yelling ´´help me! help me!´´ As we were going to help her she collasped on the sidewalk and banged her head... we called 911 but the ambulence was really slow and this woman ended up dying right there in front of us, in our arms....  I have never in my life had to deal with anything with death before... I have basically been crying a lot since then. i didnt understand why I had to see that or go through that... and I couldnt get her face out of my mind. I couldnt understand why we had to meet her and then witness her death the next day.. why we had to be the last people she saw and talked to... and why everything worked so that we were there in that exact moment and that she just happened to be right in front of our apartment... Yesterday night I was crying and just asking God why i had to see that and I just flipped opened my scriptures to Romans chapter 8. All of the chapter talks about death... but verse 38 and 39 says 

´´Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ, Jesus our Lord.´´  
I spent all night and morning studying the Pan of Salvation. I was reading in 2 Nephi chapter 9 in my personal study this morning and i felt such peace. I know that its not a coicidence and i know that Heavenly Father was with me this week. I am so grateful I know that this life isnt the end... I spent all night and morning studying the atonement of Jesus Christ... how he overcame sin and death and it is because of him that we will all live again. I am attaching a video that is probably one of my favorites... i have seen it about a hundred times but it means so much more to me now...  I am going to miss my grandpa so much. I will never forget the holiday parties at his house or his famous mac and cheese or all the summers and weekends spent at his house... It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do to be so far away and have to hear about his death... but i know that God had a plan for each and every one of us... That death is a part of life and it is not the end. It is hard to be away but i know that the Plan of Salvation has a completely different meaning to me now. We have a hope and a knowledge that this life isnt the end... and I feel an even greater urge to share that message with the people here. My grandpa always used to tell us to live a life you are proud of... Before leaving on my mission when i was set apart, I was blessed with a blessing that said i would not be going on this mission alone.. that I would have people on the other side helping me... I know that my grandpa will be there cheering me on and even though i am going to miss him so much, i know it is a ´´see you later´´ not a ´´goodbye´´ Thank you for all of your love and support back home! 
Hermana Bass


If we love God, all things will work together for our good. Through Jesus Christ we can overcome all the challenges and tribulations of mortality. Nothing can separate us from God’s love, which is manifest in the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment