Monday, January 9, 2017

EMAIL FROM YOUR FAVORITE SISTER MISSIONARY

Week 50

Well friends and family its official. I am 20 years old today😢🎉 I know you are all probably sick of me saying this but I just can believe how fast time goes! This morning we got to go on adventure trying to find a package sent from my awesome family! And we ate pinto... so you could say its been a good day :)

This week not much happened... just visiting and visiting some more :)

I did have an experience yesterday night that was interesting! Me and my companion were talking to an inactive member outside of his house. We were on a dark street but were standing under the only street light, so we were not in the dark. As we were talking to the member, two drunk men came stumbling by and were talking so loud that we were able to hear their conversation. They were both saying that Jesus Christ doesnt exist and that he is man´s invention...and other things that were not too nice. I watched them as they walked past and stumbled into the dark street...as we were still standing under the street light... I thought of how symbolic it was and how grateful I was for the light we had not only literally but figuratively. I thought about this world we all live in and how each one of us has the opportunity to walk in the light.... or stumble around in the darkness. We each have the choice to believe in Jesus Christ and his gospel and to walk through life with him.... or choose to walk alone. I listened to these two men say horrible things about Jesus Christ and then walk off into the darkness and in that moment I couldnt have felt more grateful to be a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I couldnt have been more grateful for the light we have! I love my job 😉 I get to share this wonderful light with every single person I can come in contact with... and you all can too! 

D&C 50:
24 That which is of God is light; and he that receivethlight, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.                             25 And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you;

Love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week! And I challenge you all to share a little bit of the light we have as believers and followers of Jesus Christ :)❤ 
Hermana Bass 

Ps. I didnt take any pics this week so you get a picture of us trying to take a cool jumping pic... and then failing 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment