Tuesday, June 27, 2017

ONE YEAR IN THE MISSION #Vieja

​Well sorry I am writing on a Tuesday... Its weird for me too ;) Yesterday my daughter in the mission reached her one month mark so all of the trainers and newbies went to our President´s house to eat food and talk about how its going so far. We left at five in the morning on a train and it was the coolest thing ever! And also didnt get home until around 6:30... so we got permission to write home today :)

But It was good week! We are teaching the best investigator ever! Her name is Allison and she is 18 years old. She told us that missionaries kept knocking on her door and she kept hearing about the church everywhere she went, so she felt like she finally needed to listen. She is so great and we are so excited that she is progessing :) I keep you updated on what happens :) 

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST  
ITS MY MISSION BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK ๐ŸŽ‰❤๐ŸŽˆ This friday I have officially been gone a whole year and only have 1/3 of my mission left :(

 Yesterday I was talking to one of the new sister missionaries that has only been here for a few weeks... she starting crying telling me how hard its been and how she wants to go home. She said it wasnt fair because nobody tells you that a mission is so hard and that all of the returned missionaries just talk about how amazing it was. As she was talking I couldnt help but think that there is not a single returned missionary that EVER says it was easy either... They only ever say it was worth it. A mission is probably the hardest thing you will ever do... but it is also the best and most wonderful thing! I shared a few experiences with her and told her that things would get better... That nobody ever said it was easy, only worth it. I love that phrase and I think its my new life motto. It has been a year of lots of ups and downs and I couldnt be more grateful for ´´the downs´´ because they have made me the missionary I am today! Guys I love being a missionary... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Love you all and have a great week! 
Hermana Bass 



No comments:

Post a Comment